Saturday, February 25, 2012

Soul Blossoms

I think this might be the most colorful thing I've ever worn in my entire life. Mom?
Did you know Amy Butler had a line of Rayon? Yep. I Swoon! This line is called Soul Blossoms. Not new, but I heard the rayon was a newer addition to the line.
The pattern is Simplicity 3887, which I downloaded from printsew.com. I don't particularly enjoy piecing together patterns off the printer, BUT I love instant gratification. The last time I made this pattern I used a sheer fabric that was a bear to cut out. (I guess I never posted version #1...) For this fabric I used heavy spray starch to make the fabric more stiff while cutting out and sewing. Worked like a charm!
I made the jeans too. This is technically my third pair of jeans, but the second pair were meant for Haven and turned out TERRIBLE! Unwearable. (The pattern's fault, not my sewing.) But good practice nonetheless.
I think I have almost cracked the code for the perfect fitting jeans. These just went a little too low in the back. They aren't real conducive to bending over. I started out with a Burda Young pattern, but it's been tweaked so much it truly is no longer that pattern. It's my own at this point.

This outfit was from my Fall Wardrobe Challenge, which I am just now getting around to working on again. Whoops. Better late than never! And with the weather here, I can still wear fall clothes a little longer, so it's all good.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

LOVE IT!!! I love everything about that outfit. :)

Becky said...

Oooh, rayon? From Amy Butler? Ok, self, you really don't need any more fabric....

Love the outfit. And if it makes you feel better, I just finished one of the pieces I'd tagged from my Fall Essentials Sew-Along last night!

Najah said...

Too cute!! I'm rayon's #1 fan and have been thinking about buying this Amy Butler print for a while. It's lovely on you. And, you're my hero for being near the end of your perfect fitting jeans adventure...mine hasn't even begun.

Corinnea said...

Hey Gorgeous! The whole outfit is amazing! I have yet to the AB rayon. I looks great on you. I am so very impressed with your jeans. One day I'll try.... I will need a consult I am sure!

kms handmade said...

Becky, this rayon is really high quality. It feels so soft!! I would wear it every day if I could!

Najah, thanks for the sweet compliment! I think jeans are pretty fun after you get past that first pair!

Jessica said...

looks great!

Jennifer said...

Hey! That is the pattern that me, Katelyn and Mary were supposed to make together (like a sew-a-long)ages ago!! My pattern is taped together but that is as far as I got. Any tips? Things you changed? Sizing? It is SUPER FREAKIN' cute on you and so are those jeans!! I'm glad you found something that works. i like the color of the top on you. You might just have inspired me to sew mine up!