Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fall Wardrobe Challenges


Colette Patterns Fall Palette Challenge


Collette Patterns is doing a fall color palette challenge, and I've decided to give it a go. Rob and I were talking about colors today and I mentioned that I had been liking yellow/green and then we had a discussion about what that color was called - at the end of which I just want to point out that I was right. :) He downloaded an app for iPhone called Peppermint that will identify any color in any picture you have on your phone and make color combinations with that color. After choosing the green here's the color combo I got:


That beige was supposed to be the green.... I fixed it later.

WOW! I love these colors! Well, I don't know about the pink... but grey, red, mustard, and chartreuse are all colors I have been buying and working with already.

There is another challenge going on called the Fall Essentials Sew Along, so that had me inspired too.


I'm trying to build up a more business-like wardrobe, so getting down to basics is what I need to be doing.

Here is my inspiration board for the Collette Color Challenge and the Fall Essentials Sew Along.


I also have a Sewing Inspiration board on Pinterest if you are interested.

I already have the yellow taken care of in my wardrobe, so I don't have plans to make anything yellow. But I added cream because I do have plans to make some cream shirts. And I even found the pink! Amy Butler has rayon now! The Fall Essentials has categories to help you plan the sewing. Here's how my plans line up:

Bottoms
Pinstripe Pants (started)
Pinstripe Cropped Pants (have fabric)
Gray Flounce Skirt (one done, have fabric for #2)
Blue jeans #2 (cut out)

Tops
Lace top (need to order lace)
Black and patterned top (not pictured)
Soul Blossoms top (need to order)
Bow front top (have fabric)
Diagonal hem shirt (have fabric, need pattern)
Collette Jasmine top (need to buy pattern)

Dresses
Red plaid knit dress (have fabric)

Sleepwear
Pink piggy pj pants (done)

Jackets (have fabric and patterns for all)
            Pinstripe Blazer
            Rain jacket 
            Red plaid jacket
            Blue jacket

That's a lot of sewing. Plus I have sewing for the kids I want to get done. Fall has already settled in here in Germany. (That's right. We got one stinkin week of summer!) So I had better get to sewing!

1 comment:

Corinnea said...

I saw this and thought it looked fun. Unfortunately I have half only half a brain and that is not working to capacity, so I will continue to make clothing willy nilly and wonder why nothing matches!