Monday, December 29, 2014

Unblogged Misfits of 2014

Ok, not really misfits... but here are the random things that didn't get blogged, but were made in 2014.


1600 Quilt  
with a Rainbow Jelly Roll
 Hanging on the wall at the store as a sample, but still not quilted.


Briar Rose Quilt
Fabric: Joel Dewberry, Modern Meadow (just the blue color way)


Cathedral Window Mini
 The gray mini quilt with the diamonds is called a Cathedral Window. That's the one I made this year. A couple of the others up there are gifts from friends who might be reading right now! I hung all my minis on my office wall this year.


Patriotic Pinwheels
 Made for a sample for the store, quilted, but not bound. I saw a quilt on Pinterest and wanted to make it, but I didn't need a whole pinwheel quilt! So a table runner was a better option.


Rain Coat!!!!
 I finally made the Amy Butler rain coat, but I haven't taken good photos yet because it's technically not finished. I still need to put on the buttons. But I have worn the heck out of this rain jacket! It's lined with flannel!! But the sleeves are lined with a satiny lining fabric so they slip over my sleeves. Maybe someday this will get the photos it deserves...


PJ Pants
 I made a lot of PJ pants this year. This pair was for a friend who had a really bad broken leg. They are Star Wars and glow in the dark!!


Bat Girl Apron
 This was made for a class sample. I thought it would be fun to make a super hero apron.


Kaleidoscope Quilt
 I made this quilt during my class. I wasn't planning to, but this fabric was begging to be a kaleidoscope. I used the Kaleido-Ruler, which worked great! Fabric is Lexington, from Moda.


Matching Pillow
 I had a bunch of little triangles leftover and I had the perfect amount to make these half square triangles and make a pillow.


Amy Butler Blossom Bag
 See the bag on my arm? I made that. But never photographed it... I don't really use it, but I made it to see if it would be a good class. I did teach it, but no one finished it in the class. It's challenging! You can get the pattern free here.


Southwest Tiles Quilt
This is my own pattern that I was planning to blog when I got the pattern finished and listed on my Craftsy patterns page. But half a year later it's not finished, so I thought I should go ahead and post the quilt!


Probably never going to be blogged:
I made some really lovely khaki pants with burberry-esque trim. They are really nice! I tailored the legs to be a little slimmer than my normal wide legged pants - trying to be a little more stylish. Then I gained some weight. And can't get them on. Sadness.


I quilted a Halloween quilt for someone on a home machine (the long arm was broken) and did really cool patterns in the border. I *thought* I photographed it, but apparently I had a bad camera moment. Because the photos are gone.


I made Ethan some church slacks with elastic waist since he is growing so darn fast. But he refuses to be photographed. It's ok. They are just black twill, but they make a huge difference on how he looks going to church! (and is comfort level)


And there was one more "Trip Around the World" Quilt out of my beloved PB & J fabric. It's hanging on a wall with glass bricks and looks TERRIBLE in the photos. I mean really terrible. So that one will have to wait until I take it down to quilt it.


And with that, everything I made in 2014 has now been blogged!!!!!

4 comments:

Sewing by Shirley said...

My goodness Kelly! Busy, busy, busy. We watched Frosty recently and we like saying that. ha ha Wow.

Corinnea said...

This is what I should do with all of my unclogged items...Your things are so cool. Love your new pattern/not pattern. Don't feel bad, I have yet to write the pattern for mine. Now it may never get done.

Jennifer said...

You pack so much into one post! I spotted some mini's of mine. I don't know if you did the orange one or I did it...anyway, I love the wall of mini's!

Jessica said...

You're busy busy! As always. You really need to show that rain coat it looks awesome!