Thursday, September 15, 2011

Work Clothes Round 2


Another favorite pattern! This blouse is from a Knip Mode issue from Hilco from a couple of summers ago. I checked for a similar American pattern and found this New Look that is almost the same cut.


I added the ruffle with just bias strips sewn into the placket. I had trouble finding the right buttons so I ended up using five completely different buttons in the same shade of red. I love it! I used a stretch cotton poplin from fabric.com. I really love this shirt!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Pretty, and very flattering!

Jennifer said...

this might be my favorite!! Really really nice job Kelly! It looks store bought! Color, style, ruffle; all perfect!

Becky said...

That's become my go-to pattern for blouse alterations! I like the ruffle detail-- I might have to remember that for the next variation. :)

lizy said...

You are on a ROLL!!!! They are coming out great and looks beautiful on you.

Corinnea said...

Oh dear you're just getting better and better! This is a favorite of mine for sure. It's perfect. I am going to copy that ruffle...... Whenever I get to making something for me.

Jessica said...

love love love this one! I totally would buy this top in a store! You did a fantastic job!

Maria C said...

Thhank you for being you