Sunday, March 27, 2011

MMM 27

TWO years ago we ordered the Kaufman Imperial Collection in brown and teal. Here's me holding up the border print and imagining what it will become.
We got the fabric in and I made an Amy Butler Liverpool Tunic. But sadly, it didn't fit me. BUT it DID fit my Mom! The deal was she got to take it home if she put on the buttons. (I still hate hand sewing!)
But I didn't have anything out of my beloved Imperial fabric... UNTIL!


Today we had the ladies from R&Z in for our annual fabric frenzy! (which is why I look so tired. you wouldn't think so, but fabric buying is tiring!) I wanted to wear fabric we ordered from them, so I whipped up another School House Tunic last night. I added 1 1/2 inches to the dress length, but it wasn't enough. Next time I'll add A LOT and then figure out how much to hem it. I also sewed the pleats together down 3" in the front and 4" in the back. I like this pattern, but it kind of poufs at the pleats if you use a quilting weight fabric, always making me look pregnant! So by sewing the pleats down a few inches it makes a flat waist and then fans out at the hips. Anyway... I like it a lot. I'll have some pictures up for this year's Fabric Frenzy a little later on. Hopefully tomorrow... we'll see. There might be too much sewing going on to mess with photos! :)

3 comments:

Corinnea said...

Oh man, I miss the R&Z ladies! Was it Pat and Pat again this year?? I miss all of the fabrics! Not a single shop I've been in since coming back can compare to the fabrics there.... *sigh*sniffle*sob*

Your tunic is beautiful, and so are you!

pearlswirl said...

Kelly you look great in all these me made march photos! And soo nice to see the Hearts for Japan necklace too!!

Jessica said...

WOW I LOVE how you used this fabric it both of these dresses. Especially like the sleeve on yours where it has the flower at the end!